Child Accident Compensation Claims

Child Accident Compensation Claims

If your child is involved in an accident and suffers an injury due to someone's negligence, you may be able to claim compensation on their behalf.

Whether your child was at school or nursery, injured in a car accident or injured in a public place, you can make a claim for compensation on their behalf if they are under 18 years of age. When your child is at nursery or school, they are owed a large duty of care by the people responsible for ensuring their safety. This means giving them adequate supervision, ensuring equipment is safe and being alert to the fact that children are naturally less aware of danger than adults.

We have experience of many types of compensation claims involving children, including:

  • Accidents in public places
  • Accidents at School or Nursery
  • Playground Accidents
  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Road Traffic Accidents
  • Product Liability i.e. faulty toys or play equipment

Time limits for making a child accident claim

A claim for compensation should always be made as soon as possible. The rules on child accident claims are different than those for adults. A claim for an injury sustained as a minor can be made up to 3 years after the child's 18th birthday.

Contact us arrange a consultation with one of our solicitors.