Accidents In Public Places

Accidents in public places

If you have a slip or trip and suffer an injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.

Landlords and owners of public buildings such as shops, supermarkets and other business premises have a duty to ensure their premises are safe for members of the public. Accidents in public premises are commonly caused by spillages, obstructions in walkways and loose carpets or floor coverings.

Occupiers of premises used by the public are obliged to take out Public Liability Insurance to cover them in the event of an injury to a member of the public.

We are highly experienced in pursuing claims for all types of accidents in public places, including:

  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Defective footpaths, steps and highways
  • Local Authority Maintained Areas
  • Shops and Supermarkets
  • Restaurants and Fast Food Outlets
  • Pubs and Nightclubs
  • Leisure and Entertainment Industry
  • Theatres, Halls and Organised Public Events
  • Schools and Playgrounds
  • Parks and Communal Areas
  • Car Parks

If you have suffered any type of injury in a public place, contact us to speak to a specialist lawyer who will assess your claim.

Accidents in Local Authority maintained areas

Local authorities are responsible for maintaining footpaths, highways and other public areas. If you trip on a pavement due to a poorly maintained surface, a pothole or other defect, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

Similarly, if you have an accident due to poorly signed road works, you may be able to claim compensation from the local authority or the contractors responsible.

If you have suffered an injury such as the ones described above, contact us to speak to a specialist lawyer who will assess your claim.

Contact us arrange a consultation with one of our solicitors.