Court Of Protection

Court Of Protection

When a family member or friend becomes mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, it is often necessary for someone to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy. This means that someone will be legally entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters.

Loss of mental capacity commonly arises due to the following reasons:

  • Old age ( Dementia, Alzheimer's disease)
  • Accidents
  • Mental illness
  • Mental handicap

Deciding which route to take when you are faced with a situation where someone needs help is not easy. It is often the case with diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia that the person involved will have fluctuating mental capacity, good days and bad. In these cases we may seek medical advice to help determine the best solution.

Our expert solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable route.

Norrie Waite and Slater solicitors are highly experienced in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you simply need help with the application, or you need more involved help managing the person's affairs, we can help.

Contact us arrange a consultation with one of our solicitors.