SHEFFIELD 0333 5770215
CRIMINAL 0333 5774213
ROTHERHAM 0333 5774215
KILLAMARSH 0333 5774214
MOBILE FRIENDLY RATES. Calls are FREE from mobiles & landlines with inclusive minutes and geographic rate (01) charged from all others
slip trip accident claims solicitors sheffield

Accidents in public places

If you have a slip or trip and suffer an injury due to someone else's negligence, you may be entitled to compensation.

Landlords and owners of public buildings such as shops, supermarkets contact usand other business premises have a duty to ensure their premises are safe for members of the public. Accidents in public premises are commonly caused by spillages, obstructions in walkways and loose carpets or floor coverings.

Occupiers of premises used by the public are obliged to take out Public Liability Insurance to cover them in the event of an injury to a member of the public.

We are highly experienced in pursuing claims for all types of accidents in public places, including:

  • Slips, trips and falls
  • Defective footpaths, steps and highways
  • Local Authority Maintained Areas
  • Shops and Supermarkets
  • Restaurants and Fast Food Outlets
  • Pubs and Nightclubs
  • Leisure and Entertainment Industry
  • Theatres, Halls and Organised Public Events
  • Schools and Playgrounds
  • Parks and Communal Areas
  • Car Parks

If you have suffered any type of injury in a public place, contact us to speak to a specialist lawyer who will assess your claim.

Accidents in Local Authority maintained areas

Local authorities are responsible for maintaining footpaths, highways and other public areas. If you trip on a pavement due to a poorly maintained surface, a pothole or other defect, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.

Similarly, if you have an accident due to poorly signed road works, you may be able to claim compensation from the local authority or the contractors responsible.

If you have suffered an injury such as the ones described above, contact us to speak to a specialist lawyer who will assess your claim.

Why choose us?

Choosing the right firm to help you claim compensation is critical. Accidents in public places claims can be complex and should only be handled by a specialist with detailed knowledge of the law in this area.

At Norrie Waite and Slater your claim will be handled by an experienced lawyer who will work hard to achieve the maximum amount of compensation to which you are entitled.

No Win - No Fee claims for accidents in public places

We will pursue your injury claim on a no win - no fee basis.

Need more information?

You can contact us with no obligation to speak to a specialist personal injury lawyer in confidence.

We also have an accident claims frequently asked questions page.

Enquiry Form

Our lawyers offer legal advice and representation at court or the police station on a private or legal aid basis. Legal aid is available in some areas of law only. Please see our pages on legal aid for more advice. We offer a free initial consultation in some areas of law. Personal Injury compensation claims can be conducted on a 'no win no fee' basis.