Areas of expertise:
- Commercial litigation - contract disputes eg construction, IT, agency, supply of goods and hire purchase, company/partnership disputes;
- Commercial property - possession claims, rent arrears, breach of covenant, disrepair claims, Landlord and Tenant Act 1954 business tenancy matters;
- Residential property - possession claims for landlord, tenancy deposit claims for tenant;
- Contested probate eg claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975, challenges to the validity of wills;
- Professional negligence claims;
- Misrepresentation claims;
- Neighbour disputes between private homeowners;
- Boundary and trespass disputes;
- Rights of way and easement issues;
- Private property issues under The Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996;
- Claims under Sale of Goods Act 1979/Consumer Rights Act 2015;
- Employment law issues - settlement agreements, advice re disciplinary, grievance and appeal procedures;
- Drafting - Terms of Business/Terms and Conditions, Sale and Supply contracts, Shareholder Agreements, Partnership Agreements
Joined Norrie Waite & Slater:
Sheffield Hallam University
Dax is an experienced solicitor acting for both Defendants and Claimants in a wide range of matters, from small claims to high value multi track.
Notable cases - a TOLATA claim re a property worth £1.4m; acting for a high-profile local independent school in relation to a village green application matter; acting for a Claimant in an aviation brokerage dispute worth $2m; defending a director of a company re a breach of duty claim worth £1m; pursuing a claim re a IT contract dispute worth £1m.
Dax strengths are being approachable and down to earth; giving good practical advice to clients based on all relevant factors in any case, whether that be chances of success, weak points in a case, and costs issues; a good grasp of facts in a case; and a willingness to limit costs wherever possible.
Outside the office Dax likes spending time with his family, cooking, reading books on modern history, walking in the Peaks, cask ale, despairing at the ineptitude of Chesterfield FC and Derbyshire County Cricket Club!
Click here to go back to staff profiles.