SHEFFIELD 0333 5770215
CRIMINAL 0333 5774213
ROTHERHAM 0333 5774215
KILLAMARSH 0333 5774214
MOBILE FRIENDLY RATES. Calls are FREE from mobiles & landlines with inclusive minutes and geographic rate (01) charged from all others
court of protection solicitors sheffield

Court of Protection

When a family member or friend becomes mentally incapable of managing their own affairs, it is often necessary for someone to apply to the Public Guardianship Office to be appointed as their deputy. This means that someone will be legally entitled to manage that person's finance and property matters.

contact us

Loss of mental capacity commonly arises due to the following reasons:

  • Old age ( Dementia, Alzheimer's disease)
  • Accidents
  • Mental illness
  • Mental handicap

Deciding which route to take when you are faced with a situation where someone needs help is not easy. It is often the case with diseases such as Alzheimer's and Dementia that the person involved will have fluctuating mental capacity, good days and bad. In these cases we may seek medical advice to help determine the best solution.

Our expert solicitors can help you to determine whether the Court of Protection or a Lasting Power of Attorney is the most suitable route.

Norrie Waite and Slater solicitors are highly experienced in helping people to deal with the Court of Protection. Whether you simply need help with the application, or you need more involved help managing the person's affairs, we can help.

Contact us to arrange a consultation.

All our Wills, Probate and Estate Planning services are offered at each of our branches. Please contact your most convenient office for advice.

Rotherham 0333 577 4215
Killamarsh 0333 577 4214
Sheffield 0333 577 0215

Enquiry Form

Our lawyers offer legal advice and representation at court or the police station on a private or legal aid basis. Legal aid is available in some areas of law only. Please see our pages on legal aid for more advice. We offer a free initial consultation in some areas of law. Personal Injury compensation claims can be conducted on a 'no win no fee' basis.